Shade School is growing, and you can help!
The next phase of Shade School is coming! Not only will we have the space to welcome more students into our school, but we will be ready to apply for primary school registration. It’s incredible to see the vision of Shade move forward so that we can continue to love our community and people with albinism just as the Lord has called us. Check out the details below!
Start Date: February 2021
Building Materials: Traditional concrete block & corrugated metal roofing built by local Tanzanians
Six classrooms: two classroom blocks each containing three classrooms ($39,040)
Ten bathrooms: Two blocks of five student bathrooms, one for girls and one for boys, as well as a septic waste system ($22,000)
Solar power: Solar-powered electricity for inside the classrooms and outside for security ($3,960)
Read the full project proposal here.
- More than 135 vulnerable children will have access to quality education at Shade School. Education is empowerment!
- Children with albinism will have a safe place to learn and will receive the necessary accommodations in the classroom.
- Children with and without albinism will grow up together. This is part of our long-term strategy for changing the negative attitudes and mindsets towards people with albinism.
- The Gospel will advance. Shade School teachers infuse lessons with the Gospel and prayer. They love holistically and invest specifically in the spiritual formation of students. Families of Shade School students also receive ministry and encouragement.
- The Shade Campus will grow and one more piece of the vision will come to life!
You can help us to reach our goal. So far, we have raised over $20,000!
Will you give or create a fundraising team today?